Announcing a New Blog by Bridget Eileen, “Notebook Witch: Notes on Witchcraft and Witchery,” online at NotebookWitch.com
An Exciting Halloween & Samhain Announcement…
I’m listening to the Patriots game and monitoring the street traffic for the signs of Trick or Treaters. It is Fall in New England, for sure. And this year, I have a new exciting endeavor to look forward to.
But first, I want to let you know you can use this Samhain sabbat graphic above for wherever you want to observe the holiday online! I usually use it as my Facebook banner, and I make a Twitter and Instagram post from it. Please just credit @NotebookWitch on most social media, and @TheNotebookWitch on Instagram.
Samhain Resolution – New Blog from Bridget Eileen: Notebook Witch
Throughout the coming months I’ll be building this new blog, NotebookWitch.com. It is a collection of notes on witchcraft and witchery.
As I build up the site, I’ll also be copying relevant posts from my other blogs which fit the theme here and re-publishing them on Notebook Witch, so that this site can be a comprehensive collection on all past posts on witchcraft and neopaganism, as well as new content I create along the way.
More about Notebook Witch
A bunch of circumstances came up that have happily brought me to this “Eureka” moment of creating a new blog solely dedicated to witchcraft and witchery.
While I love having An Arts Notebook, it presents me with the issue of being far too broad. In all my research on successful blogging, I repeatedly hear that a focused topic and theme for a blog leads to more views and engagement.
Though it’s fun to blog for blogging’s sake, I do want engagement. I want my writing efforts to be meaningful to any viewers who might encounter my posts, just as it is meaningful to me as an author of the posts to put in the effort to create and share the work.
When I found myself blogging most often about my spiritual practice at An Arts Notebook, I got to thinking. Since it is what I’m most motivated to write about–and in my offline life, it’s what I spend a lot of time on, because it is most meaningful to me–why not “lean in” to that?
So, I have come up with the really happy solution to the dilemma of creating a more-focused blog by starting Notebook Witch: Notes on Witchcraft and Witchery.
How to Create a Witch Blog
I started in “soft launch” mode. I’ve got:
- social media accounts: @NotebookWitch almost everywhere except
- @TheNotebookWitch on Instagram (long story about why its not the same as everywhere else)
- a URL that matches the social media handle
- a vague sense of a plan to launch and will develop it more firmly as I build it
- an email address TheNotebookWitch@gmail.com
- neopagan/witchcraft content from An Arts Notebook that I can transfer to the new site
The rest of the plan involves:
- launching this new website using a WordPress.org template
- hosting the site through Pair.com
- gathering more followers
- creating a contact list
- building and scheduling a focused content plan
- building and implementing a strategic communications plan
I’m excited about this new endeavor, more than I have been about any writing I’ve done in a while, whether for communications purposes for the orgs I work or volunteer for, or my blogging, or creative writing. This new project has me the most jazzed up and ready to work.
Social Media Handle @NotebookWitch
In the meantime, you can follow the new accounts at Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter at @NotebookWitch, and on Instagram at @TheNotebookWitch (I’ve given up on getting plain old “NotebookWitch” back after I got inexplicably Zucced while developing my new account. Don’t know why I got targeted while all those white supremacist accounts thrive, but whatever; I digress.)
Follow “Notebook Witch: Notes on Witchcraft and Witchery” on Social Media
Stay tuned for more witchcraft and witchery posts on social media NotebookWitch.com gets developed.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notebookwitch
- Tumblr: https://notebookwitch.tumblr.com/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/NotebookWitch/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NotebookWitch
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thenotebookwitch/